Donovan Tea is the epitome of a true born and raised Texas gentlemen. As the second most tenured member in the history of The Lettermen, his vocal talents have been shared with audiences around the world including Japan, The Philippines, America, etc.
Donovan began performing at the tender age of 17. He has performed in choral groups, television shows, night clubs and cruise ships during the course of his storied career. Besides being a natural performer, Donovan is a prolific published songwriter. Many of his songs have been recorded and some have even been included in Lettermen performances.
In 1984, while Donovan was the lead production singer in the Lido show in Las Vegas, The Lettermen approached him and asked him to travel to Los Angeles where he sang with the group. They found that they had a natural blend and Donovan was honored to be asked to join the group. Donovan is now celebrating 35 years with the Lettermen. Donovan Tea has remained a continuous member of The Lettermen since he joined the group and to this day he still enjoys performing in front of a live audience.
You will find Donovan, during his time off, enjoying his favorite things in life such as spending time with his wife, children, and training horses on his property outside of Nashville, Tennessee.
- Winner of vocal competition in Guilford, England
- Lead singer for The Young Americans Toured Europe
- Performed with L.A. Master Choral at Hollywood Bowl
- Opening for Sammy Davis, Jr.; Rich Little; Tony Bennett
- Solo artist at the prestigious “The Horn” in Los Angeles Cruise industry
- Featured act in “Casino de Paris” at The Dunes Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas
- The Stardust Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas
- Became a member of The Lettermen in 1984
- Performed for President Gerald Ford
- Guest-starred on NBC’s holiday special “Merry Christmas, Fred, From the Crosby’s”
- Tap danced with Fred Astaire
- Sang backup for Bing Crosby on the song “White Christmas”
- Participated in “Nashville’s Christmas For Kids”
- Time Life
- Benefit performances for “HomelessHeart.Org”
- Telethons (Jerry Lewis MDA; Children’s Miracle Network; etc.)
- National Anthems (National Championship Air Races; Pittsburgh Steelers & Pirates; etc.)